A little bit of Milk Glass Brings all the Boys to the Yard



It seems the saying holds true, that if you hold on to something long enough it will come back in style. Milk Glass is becoming more and more prevalent at high end functions. It gives a great vintage look and timeless feel. I just love seeing it and when clients ask for it I get all giddy, I know I’m a geek! But who doesn’t love a good treasure hunt? The best way to go about finding milk glass is to visit antique shops, estate sales, and blast the net. I myself prefer visiting antique shops because you never know what you will find. Perhaps, a nice piece of silver that will make an excellent addition to a table setting or a unique old timey barrette. Some of the estate sales we have visited have had really great pricing on milk glasses pieces ranging from $4-$30 per piece. At $3 bucks a piece I would hope that you would scoop it all up because that price is a steal. Most pieces such as a vase or dinnerware are $15. The good thing about using milk glass as décor for events is that when you are done with it you don’t have to worry about storing it or getting rid of it. You can make use of it as décor in your home! Here are some great ideas for using milk glass on upcoming functions. Happy shopping!!


Short history of milk glass: Milk Glass was first made in Venice in the 16th century. Most common use of milk glass items include: dinnerware, vases, lamps and even costume jewelry.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Car. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you made all of this by yourself?
    If that really did, you can be great!
    So ckeck the Leather Hobo Handbags black at http://www.cwmalls.com, this also pretty charming!

    ReplyDelete